Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Thinking of starting a support website for people with trichotillomania should I do it?

I've suffered from it for many years to the point where I have bald patches. I thought it may be a good idea.



main idea of the site is basically to give advice from trich sufferers to others. There'd be a gallery to show progress to people and there'd be a forum where others could talk and give advice. Where we have a shop and trich sufferers can request what they would like us to supply. we'd sell hats wigs devices that others found helpful to them. support bracelets (like the charity ones).



Articles contributed by trich sufferers (written by them) which they can contribute. Trichotillomania is a hair pulling ocd/disorder/condition basically.



Aren't aiming to be doctors or psychiatrists just a friend and some support to maybe to help stop it or if unable to, learn to live with it.



Thinking of starting a support website for people with trichotillomania should I do it?

I think it sounds like a good idea - I definitely konw of this - sometimes I will pick the eyelashes on part of my right eye, but nowhere else. weird huh? I really try to resist, but sometimes it is hard....I don't know why - it seems so odd esp to other people.



I think a support group would be a good idea as many people are embarrassed about this disease and do not openly speak about it. Would probably give a lot of support to people and to let them know that they aren't alone



Thinking of starting a support website for people with trichotillomania should I do it?

I am going through the same thing let me know when u start Report It



Thinking of starting a support website for people with trichotillomania should I do it?

I think it's a very good idea and you should definitely do it. Good luck with it.



I'd only suggest beforehand, having a look to see if their are any similar sites out there. If not, thats even better, if so then research them and maybe see if you could offer more, or if this idea is still needed etc. And see what you can do that's different but still helpful.



I wish you all the luck. I don't suffer from this, nor do I know anyone who does but I know the effect it can have, and I know how good support sites can be, for whatever the reason.



Thinking of starting a support website for people with trichotillomania should I do it?

i think it is a very good idea and there is no reason why you shouldn't do it

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans